Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Its showing a blinking. get question. I'm very new, how do I…

Customer Question
Its showing a blinking...

Its showing a blinking. get question mark

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

I'm very new, how do I find that out

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I haven't I was gone and my roomamtes were using it and I came back to it broken

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't done anything yet it won't turn on for me to do anything just shows the grey ?mark and its blinking

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can we wait like 30 mins I just had company all threw the door it won't be long

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
9/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 10 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius

Hi ,

My name is***** am a certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

You can Start in safe mode, when you boot in Safe Mode, your Mac will check its startup volume, only load necessary kernel extensions, and disable third-party fonts and startup options. It’s like Safe Mode on Windows — it won’t load third-party hardware drivers or startup programs, so you can use this mode to fix problems if your Mac isn’t working or booting properly.

To load your Mac in Safe Mode, press and hold the Shift key while it boots. You can stop holding the Shift key when you see an Apple logo and progress bar. To leave Safe Mode, just reboot your Mac without holding the Shift key.

When you get it working properly then restart and it will start in normal mode.

Let me know how it goes.

Did that with for you?