Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

MY IPAD IS ONE OF FIRST ONE MADE, AND I HAVE THE PROBLEM…

Customer Question
MY IPAD IS ONE...

MY IPAD IS ONE OF FIRST ONE MADE, AND I HAVE THE PROBLEM WITH THE ITUNE PICTURE. I DO NOT WITH TO LOOSE ALL MY EIGHT YEARS OF DATA. WHAT CAN I DO SO AS TO NOT EXPOSE OR LOOSE ALL MY DATA?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your ipad?

MAC? SAFARI? DON'T KNOW?

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your ipad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I HAVE LOOKED AT ALL OPTIONS AND THEY SEEM TO ALL SAY THAT NO MATTER WHAT I WILL LOOSE MY DATA. SO I HAVE DONE NOTHING YET.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mac
9/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 9 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

just started
Not if it means i will loose all my data, or have to link it to my computer. No.

Can you tell me the issue you're having please?

you have the issue now what is your answer?
Hello!
Hello?
SHOULD I REPORT THIS TO AMEX AS NONRESPONSIVE?

I cannot give you an answer, you need to give me more information please?

Is this OK?

Ok what else do you need?

You're saying you have a problem with the iTunes picture.

Can you describe this in more detail?

Thanks

Kris

My eight year old iPad in not turning on but instead is showing a picture with a USB cable And an arrow. I understand that is a common problem. i just need to know how i can fix this without losing all mw Data.
i got your email and text but i seem that i am being led in circles.

There is a high chance you will loose the data but about 10% we can save it

This means the iPad is corrupt.

Can I connect to your computer? I won't do anything without your approval first.

Thanks

Kris

i can but i do not wish to link the two together, or lose my data. what can i do to not lose my data? can the Apple store fix it without losing my data?
do you mean my iPad or my computer?

There is a chance, we need to try an update. You should not loose your data with an update.

It may be the case the data is already lost, but I will know better once connected.

Anything I am doing will not make you worse I can assure you

CAN YOU CONNECT TO MY IPAD? OR WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

I connect to your computer and troubleshoot the iPad.

MY IPAD JUST CAME BACK BUT IT STILL SAYS TO RESTORE FROM ITUNES. EVERYTHING TELLS ME THAT THAT WILL ERESE ALL MY DATA. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?

Have you tried connecting it to your computer and updating it?

Have you used iCloud. Your data is probably on the cloud

NO THE TWO HAVE NEVER BEEN LINKED, AND I DO NOT WANT MY IPAD DATA ON MY DESK TOP. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?

The only thing you can do at the moment is update the ipad.

OK THANK YOU

Let me know what happens we will take it from here

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.