Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Safari quit unexpectadly and now wont respond when i try to…

Customer Question
Safari quit unexpectadly and...

Safari quit unexpectadly and now wont respond when i try to open it

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About a year ago, brand new iver spent the last half hour looking for trouble shooting guides on how to aid this problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

This has never happened before, i didnt do any deletions or change any preferences, i was in the middle of filling out job applications, it quit......wont bounce or start to open it just remains irresponsive

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
9/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, Please follow the steps below :

a.press Command + Option + Escape simultaneously. This will open the Force Quit Applications window.
b. Select Safari
c. Click the button that says Force Quit. This will forcefully end your browser program.
d. Then while holding the shift key, open Safari by clicking on it’s icon from the dock, and when it opens up reset it completely by clicking Safari -> Reset Safari

Let me know the results

Thank you

Has everything worked out ? Do you still need help please?