Julien Pabion
Julien Pabion, Apple Technical Expert
Experience:  Apple Certified Support Professional macOs 10.12 Sierra - Apple Certified Technical Coordinator - Apple Certified Macintosh Technician - Apple Certified IOS Technician
98822104

Am using iMac late 2015 with macOS Serra and suddenly I

Hi. Am using iMac late 2015 with macOS Serra and suddenly I can't encrypt PDFs in Preview
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?
Customer: Sierra 10.12.6
JA: When did you purchase your iMac? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Last year. Removed plist and other recommended tries. Reinstalled macOS. Nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It works if I switch to a Guest User account, but not on my account (Owner/ Administrator)

Hi I am Julien and will assist you today. If i do understand well when you one a PDF in Preview you can not encrypt it while exporting it ? is it correct ?

Please for a better understanding, can you give me more details on how you try to encrypt and what it does ?

Thank you

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Try to Print>Save As PDF>Security Options and get no response when I click security options. Also Export>Encrypt also does not work. This within my Administrator account--has always worked until yesterday. In a Guest User account, it does all work.
Have removed .plist, restarted, etc., also reinstalled macOS Sierra 10.12.6. No luck.

Thank you to rate me 5 stars if you are satisfied of my work for you today :-)