Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't get into my old Skype account so I tried to

Customer Question
I can't get into...

I can't get into my old Skype account so I tried to establish a new account and I can't get into that either. At one point it said I could move the new Skype into my app file but when I tried that it said I was trying to replace a new file with an old file. Then I tried to get everything off of my computer so I could start again but it wants to know why I am mad at it and it won't let me get out and start again. I have a MAC computer and an iPhone.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

It says it is Yosemite 10.10.5

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I was trying to install an update of Skype but that appears to have been a mistake. I believe that my membership in Skype on my old accounts had lapsed.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

If i can't follow his instructions my son in law thinks I am disrespecting him but I am not. I just don't know what he is talking about. I have never been taught to use my MAC because my husband had a PC and there is no one to teach me.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
9/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks