Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot get my iPhone to cast to the Apple TV won't take…

Customer Question
I cannot get my...

I cannot get my iPhone to cast to the Apple TV won't take any password

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

IPhone 6

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPhone? What troubleshooting have you tried?

IPhone is working fine it is the casting to the Apple TV where I have issue

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
9/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 10 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Is it asking for the apple id password ***** the apple tv or is it asking for the password ***** the phone?

I am assuming you are trying to use the same apple id and password ***** both devices.

However, if you need to reset your apple id just to be safe and then sign out and sign back in once that is complete on both devices, you can reset your password ***** https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Here you will enter your apple id and continue and then apple will give you an option to reset your password ***** as by email, text message, security questions, etc.

Then if you sign in and out of your phone and sign back in with your new password ***** do the same for your apple tv and see if it works.

You may need to restart your apple tv depending on what version of apple tv you have but here is how to restart it on all versions https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201836

Please let me know what happens.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

I have reset Apple ID via iPhone. I still can't get the Apple TV to accept my passsword

Well, I was hoping you would have reset the password ***** the link i sent you instead of the phone because sometimes its better and quicker that your entire apple id account will get update through the site instead of your phone but thats ok.

OK, after you reset the apple id password ***** the iphone, did you restart the apple tv?

Also, if that does not work, make sure your your apple tv is connected to your wifi/home network.

Please let me know the version of your apple tv as well as then I can be more precise in helping you, but in order to check your wifi connection on the apple tv you can check out these steps https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204400

It could be that even though your apple id and password ***** correctly typed into the apple tv, that its possible your not connected. Let me know.