Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a new wd external drive. Do I just plug it onto the…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new wd external drive. Do I just plug it onto the MAC and it will begin working? I found no directions at all for st up.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not in the last month for sure. My Mac guy put Malwarebytes Anti-Malware about a month ago.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

My granddaughter is a university student and does exercises and tests online for her Spanish course. She cannot upload the pictures on an exercise. She was directed to empty the cache for photos, but not having the external drive for backup, I decided the time was right for installing it, but I don't know how.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Two things: some advice for installing the external drive and maybe some suggestions for emptying the cache and not losing any photos.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

you do not need to install any software or driver to use your external hard drive, simply plug it into a usb port and start using it.

for your second question, What internet browser are you using such Firefox, Safari etc...?

Thank you

Thank you. I am happy to pay you $40, but isn't that a bit high for the non-high-tech answer?

Please feel free to ignore the offers for Additional Services. They are automatically sent by the website.

Let me know if you need more help

Thank you

Has everything worked out ? do you still need help with this issue please?