Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My wife is a Mac user. She has an Itunes instance (complete

data) on her Win PC...
My wife is a Mac user. She has an Itunes instance (complete data) on her Win PC but has not ran it for a year. She has an Ipad she started using in January and initially she saw her Itunes. Then after an upgrade, I believe, it appears as though the Itunes is empty. It may be that she has two logins? My question is what is the safest way to navigate making sure this gets back on track? I would hate to see her loose any data. I wont be able to reach her to clarify any of this for a couple of hours so it is low priority. Thanks.
9/24/2017
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily. You don't have to worry about this problem, We will provide you the answer for your question

It sounds like you are unable to check the backup data in your itunes, Is it right?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No please read my question thoroughly. I am not sure if the iTunes data is still there and need a very detailed process to ensure I don't loose the iTunes data.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, I am trying to find the answer for your question. As per my understanding of this issue, you are trying to backup the data on your wife's iPad and you don't want to lose any data. Is it correct?

Julien Pabion
Julien Pabion, Apple Technical Expert
Experience: Apple Certified Support Professional macOs 10.12 Sierra - Apple Certified Technical Coordinator - Apple Certified Macintosh Technician - Apple Certified IOS Technician

Sorry but lets try to understand well your question... Do you mean that you wife plugged the iPad on the pc and she lost all the data in her iTunes on the iPad or on the PC ? Please clarify the question about witch iTunes was deleted on which device in which action ? Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, ***** ***** mention the PC because it has not been run for a year and has an instance of the Itunes database stored on it as logged into by my wife with the correct password. I know nothing about Apple but she has somehow got a login to her Ipad that now does not have the Itune database (that user / database presumably exists on the dormant PC). I don't know if this this is a backup issue or what. Maybe someone just needs to log into her Ipad? She reports the "change" happened after an upgrade of her Ipad.

I you want, lets talk on the phone because its not really clear and i need more information to help you. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not on either of the devices. Can you remote an Ipad? If so can we schedule a session for 90 minutes from now?

No unfortunately i can not but if i have all the information on what is happening and what she did then i can guide you by phone.

You just have to accept the Premium Service Offer and i will give you a telephone number to call me now or when you will be on the device.

Julien Pabion
Julien Pabion, Apple Technical Expert
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK I am heading into a meeting. I will chat when I am ready. What timezone are you in?

France now but i work until 4PM NY Time

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Perfect! I am Canadian but don't speak FR. Daughters do. Will connect before 3 EST

Ok

I am waiting for your phone call and i will be available until 3:30 PM. If you can not call me please give me an apointement from 10AM to 3PM EST please ? Thank you

Julien Pabion

Apple Certified Support Professional macOs 10.12 Sierra

Apple Certified Technical Coordinator

Apple Certified Macintosh Technician

Apple Certified IOS Technician

I mean an appointment tomorrow - Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
10 AM Wednesday works thanks. I am sorry I had an urgent matter.

Ok do you mean 10 AM in NY ?

If yes and its possible for you i prefer 11 AM NY time.

Then please call me at the number i provided to you.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, my wife is now sick. Would Friday 11 PST work? 14:00 EST?

sorry but i can not at 11 PST, i can only from 8 to 10 PST this Friday and also next Monday...

Let me know if its ok for you ?

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, I diarized thus morning and missed this. I will get back to you next week
Julien Pabion
Julien Pabion
Julien Pabion, Apple Technical Expert