Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I don't use a MAC I use windows 7 on my laptop and my apple…

Customer Question
I don't use a...

I don't use a MAC I use windows 7 on my laptop and my apple tv light is just blinking rapidly so how do I fix this

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

Im using windows 7 on my pc not a Mac

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

Its an HP Probook 4525s

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

November 2016

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 11 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

First, hold the remote control and press both your menu button and the down arrow, holding them simultaneously for approx. 5-10 seconds until the white light starts flashing rapidly. Then test to see if the issue is resolved.

If that does not fix the problem, please follow the steps below to resolve the issue with your Apple TV:

Disconnect power and all other cables from your Apple TV.

Connect your Apple TV to your computer and power up the Apple TV.

Open iTunes if it does not open automatically and select the Apple TV from the list of devices.

Click Restore and then wait until restoration and updating has completed.

Then test to see if the Apple TV issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.