Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just bought a new printer and didn't see the small print…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a new printer and didn't see the small print that said it wouldn't work with OS 10.6 so now I need to use it tonight and it won't connect to my printer. Can I get an online copy of OS 10.8 that will go on my Mac.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

MAC BOOK PRO WITH OPERATING SYSTEM OS X 10.6.8

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No, just tried to connect to the Brother printer I just brought.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

What I need is a upgrade for my mac of OS10.8.5 or greater. I can I get one

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That is all I know

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
9/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

if you could fix it that quickly I would appreciate it.

We will not be able to get any thing lower then Mac OS 10.11 but only if your hardware can handle it. You will know when you click on the link below to try and download from the Appstore.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/os-x-el-capitan/id1147835434?mt=12

Typing more....

This is because apple only offers the most recent version of their os in the app store besides 10.11. Currently the most recent is 10.12 sierra. Therefore if the link does not work on your system and you need to go to a lower OS, all is still not lost as you have one more option. That last option is to create a bootable flash drive which sounds hard but it really is not.

The usb option is last resort so lets just see if that link works for you or not. I can remote in and help also if needed just let me know.

Actually I will not be able to remote because 10.6 is to old :( but don't worry I am still here to help as we are communicating this way.

Please let me know what happens with the link I sent you. If you can get to the 10.11 El capitan download from their then you can click the download button and follow the onscreen instructions to continue to upgrade your mac. Let me know any questions along the way.

Just checking in. Are you doing ok? Are you able to download 10.11 from the link I sent you?

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast