Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Im getting this error message There is no application set to…

Customer Question
Im getting this error...

Im getting this error message There is no application set to open the document “20420136_b361e8f1933fef455cf5b7442b95b58f69c4daf8.cab”.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?

Quite often when i am trying to download things

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

How do i find that out :-)

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Its new but refurbished

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you, ***** *****

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. CAB files are Windows files and are not designed on the APPLE/MAC platform. CAB are compressed files that usually contain windows install files, drivers, system files, and other Windows components. My recommendation would be to try to find a dmg file (made for MAC) for a program that will do the same thing or something similar to the cab files that you are trying to download. If you will tell me what you are trying to download perhaps I can recommend an alternative.