Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

IPhoto shows 'corrupt' and cannot be opened and gives me the…

iPhoto shows 'corrupt' and...

iPhoto shows 'corrupt' and cannot be opened and gives me the 'close' message. None of my photo on there can be opened. Help me.

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

IPhoto cannot be opened once the photos are displayed and I get a 'corrupt' message.

9/23/2017
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

To make sure, are you using iPhoto or Photos app ?

iPhoto only

We can rebuild your iPhoto Library and see if that works or not.

Close iPhoto if it is open. Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard and open iPhoto. Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library. A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select all the options/checkboxes Click Rebuild. This may take a few minutes to complete.

After rebuilding, iPhoto will open.

If it is still quitting after rebuilding, then we have to rebuild the iPhoto library using a third party application named iPhoto Library Manager. Download and install it from here (use the trial version) : http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/

Open iPhoto Library Manager. Select your iPhoto Library, click on Library menu in the top and select Rebuild Library. This will verify the library. Then click the Rebuild button on the right.

After rebuilding, open iPhoto.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Mac Technician

Follow the steps below to start secure remote support session.

If you are talking to me from your Mac now, then just click this link -> https://www.fastsupport.com/699496551

Follow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application named Citrix Online Launcher or GotoAssist opener will be downloaded. Then open the Citrix Online Launcher GotoAssist opener file you see there and then open the Citrix Online Launcher or GotoAssist opener application. You can also open it from Downloads. Open Citrix Online Launcher or GotoAssist opener file. Allow permission to connect or Join session if asked.

(If you don't see the downloaded Citrix Online Launcher or GotoAssist opener file, then click on the Finder icon on dock, then click on Go menu and select Downloads. This will bring Downloads folder. Now you see a file named "Citrix Online Launcher.dmg" or "GotoAssist opener " file there. Double click on it to open)

Let me know if you have any difficulty connecting to me.

Are you there ? Still waiting for the connection from your side