Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have an older iPhone that I want to reconnect. My son's…

I have an older...

I have an older iPhone that I want to reconnect. My son's phone was damaged in the storm. The screen says "iPhone is disabled. How can I get the serial number to reconnect the phone? There is no card access.

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

I can't remember. The information I can find does not tell me. I've connected to my computer, but it only tells me the storage.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

The phone has bee out of service for 15 months.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have tried to download iTunes to identify the phone, but I must have downloaded the wrong one because all it talks about is music.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm working on a windows platform.

9/23/2017
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Open iTunes program on your Windows computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPhone to the computer with the USB Cable.
  3. On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    - Note: You can click on the small circle icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program on the computer in order to see the download progress.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

- You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_JY750KUmk

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Do you get the Restore option when doing the steps above?

What's the model of your iPhone, such as iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 7, etc.?

Does your computer have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
No it says it is locked with a pass code, but I cannot get to the number pad except for the emergency dial pad.
It just says IPhone without a number. I have a box that says iPhone 4. This is a spare computer I think it 7 or 10.

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can fix your iPhone directly through your computer for you:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3d9a209d-0bb0-47da-912d-7183d7782e0b
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech