Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Cant change my cc number..card was lost before apple took…

Customer Question
Cant change my cc...

Cant change my cc number..card was lost before apple took payment .want to pay with different card then add another cc..i have a iphone 7

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Iphone 7 brand new

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tryd to change card number (its also my id) wont let me

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Just want to change to the new cc number as my id and payment method

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

There is several different ways to go about this: They are explained below.

If you want to change your payment information and you're using iOS 10.3 or later:

ON your mac or pc using itunes

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > Payment & Shipping. You might need to enter your Apple ID password.
  2. Tap your current payment method. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  3. Enter your new payment details. If you want to remove your payment method, select None. Get help if you don't see None or can't select it.
  4. After entering your name and card number, tap Next.
  5. Enter your billing information and address, then tap Save.
  6. If you change your payment method to a credit card, the iTunes Store places a temporary authorization hold on your credit card to verify your updated account information. You might also see an option to add the new card to Apple Pay.

To open iTunes and sign in to your Account Information page, click this link: View My Account. Or follow these steps:

Or on the apple website:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account. If prompted, enter your password *****
  4. On the Account Information page:
  5. To the right of Payment Type, click Edit. You can see which payment methods the iTunes Store accepts in the Payment Type section. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  6. Change or remove your information. To remove the payment method, select None. Get help if you don't see None or can't select it.
  7. Click Done.
  8. If you change your payment method to a credit card, the iTunes Store places a temporary authorization hold on your credit card to verify your updated account information.

You can change to a different credit or debit card by signing in to your Apple ID account page. You might have to verify your payment method the first time you try to buy something on one of your Apple devices.

Another alternative on your computer but if your OS is new enough:

1. To go to the Apple ID account page, click this link: View Apple ID.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID. You might be asked to answer security questions.
  3. In the Payment & Shipping section, click Edit Payment Information. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  4. Change your payment information.
  5. Click Save.
  6. You can also update the security on your account or other preferences from this page, but you can't remove a payment method from this page.
  7. Go to System Preferences > iCloud.
  8. Click Account Details. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
  9. Click Payment > Details. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.

You can't remove a payment method in System Preferences.

iCloud for Windows

1. On your PC, open iCloud for Windows.
  2. Click Account Details > Manage Apple ID. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.

You can't use iCloud for Windows to remove a payment method.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Its not working i couldnt get it. my daughter is not patient enough to do this can i remove my credit card number after the 5 is paid
no thanks please remove my cc number
is this a site that will keep charging my card cuz its a scam. we have 3 lawyers in our family and i wont be nice
its not even a person it a computer program...so it a lie to start with rite jon