Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Need to add credit card to itunes account. Tried to buy a…

Customer Question
Need to add credit...

Need to add credit card to itunes account

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried to buy a book and was directed to iTunes support

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just want to download a book

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mac
9/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 9 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

There is several different ways to go about this: They are explained below.

If you want to change your payment information and you're using iOS 10.3 or later:

ON your mac or pc using itunes

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > Payment & Shipping. You might need to enter your Apple ID password.
  2. Tap your current payment method. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  3. Enter your new payment details. If you want to remove your payment method, select None. Get help if you don't see None or can't select it.
  4. After entering your name and card number, tap Next.
  5. Enter your billing information and address, then tap Save.
  6. If you change your payment method to a credit card, the iTunes Store places a temporary authorization hold on your credit card to verify your updated account information. You might also see an option to add the new card to Apple Pay.

To open iTunes and sign in to your Account Information page, click this link: View My Account. Or follow these steps:

Or on the apple website:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account. If prompted, enter your password *****
  4. On the Account Information page:

5. To the right of Payment Type, click Edit. You can see which payment methods the iTunes Store accepts in the Payment Type section. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  6. Change or remove your information. To remove the payment method, select None. Get help if you don't see None or can't select it.
  7. Click Done.
  8. If you change your payment method to a credit card, the iTunes Store places a temporary authorization hold on your credit card to verify your updated account information.

You can change to a different credit or debit card by signing in to your Apple ID account page. You might have to verify your payment method the first time you try to buy something on one of your Apple devices.

Another alternative on your computer but if your OS is new enough:

1. To go to the Apple ID account page, click this link: View Apple ID.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID. You might be asked to answer security questions.
  3. In the Payment & Shipping section, click Edit Payment Information. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  4. Change your payment information.
  5. Click Save.
  6. You can also update the security on your account or other preferences from this page, but you can't remove a payment method from this page.

7. Go to System Preferences > iCloud.
  8. Click Account Details. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
  9. Click Payment > Details. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.

You can't remove a payment method in System Preferences.

iCloud for Windows

1. On your PC, open iCloud for Windows.
  2. Click Account Details > Manage Apple ID. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.

You can't use iCloud for Windows to remove a payment method.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.