Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

A SDHC card was inserted into my disk slot by accident nd I…

Customer Question
A SDHC card was...

A SDHC card was inserted into my disk slot by accident nd I cannot get it out so now my disk is unusable. What do you suggest?

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Sierra

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes the system is current as of last Monday

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have tried inserting a thin plastic blade into the disk slot trying remove the SDHC card but i can't get it out. I have also tilted the iMac onto it's side hoping the card would come out but not luck.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
9/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Please look for any buttons or pinholes next to the slot. If you find a button, press it. If you find a pinhole, use a paperclip to gently press in on it. If you find neither, try gently pushing the back of the card to release the mechanism.

Has everything worked out, Do you still need help please?

no pn holes , no buttons still can't get it out
Somehow I don't think you understand my problem and I don't therein remote solutions. Please refund my money.

Please feel free to ignore the offers for Additional Services. They are automatically sent by the website.

Can you eject it via the Finder?

open Finder and click on the eject button next to the SDHC card's name

Mike, Mac Medic