Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Activation lock is on and I cannot remember apple or icloud…

Activation lock is on...

Activation lock is on and I cannot remember apple or icloud password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

When I bought device 2 or 3 years ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Turned phone off then on: Whet to apple to unlock activation lock but they want password

9/22/2017
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this an iPhone or iPad?

Is your device showing the following: "This iPhone/iPad is currently linked to an Apple ID (t****@y****.com or n****@icloud.com, etc.). Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up this iPhone/iPad."? If yes, what's that exact email address currently showing on your device's screen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Do you also have a Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10 computer, or a Mac computer?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

I have windows 10 which I am using now. On phone is showing Activation Lock, Apple ID and password ***** I know my ID but wasn't sure of the password ***** tried to reset password. I also tried via this PC to get into Itunes hoping I could connect my phone but I am also locked out due to password.

Thank you. Does it show part of the Apple ID / part of the email address on your iPad's screen, such as t****@y****.com or n****@icloud.com, etc.? If yes, what is it?

Do you have the iTunes program installed on your computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

No

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/
Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Also, this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.
Does it show part of the Apple ID / part of the email address on your iPad's screen, such as t****@y****.com or n****@icloud.com, etc.? If yes, what is it?

How about with a small amount as shown for direct remote support?

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can fix your iPhone directly through your computer for you:

http://tinyurl.com/y8tjb5sb
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Connected, working on issue. Thank you.

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.