Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I remove a flash drive safely from my Mac Book pro?

Customer Question
How do I remove...

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Macbook?

Sierra

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Macbook? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I purchased it about 4 years ago. I haven't tried anything. The last time I just took it out and a message said to eject it correctly

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 11 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You can eject it before disconnecting it. To do that, select the flash drive icon on desktop and press Command and E keys.

Or just click and drag the flash drive icon from desktop to the Trash icon on dock and it will be ejected (Trash will turn to eject icon)

or right click on the flash drive icon and then select Eject. Then you can safely remove it.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.