Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have inherited my husbands iPhone 6, but don't know my…

Customer Question
Hi , I have...

Hi , I have inherited my husbands iPhone 6 , but don't know my Apple ID - how do I recover this

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's an Applr iPhone 6 , about 3 years old I have the seriel number , if that would help

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just transferred my data from the iphone 5 (which i also got from him when he upgraded) , but don't remember needing the Apple ID , Now I can't download Whatsapp , because that could not be transferred..I used my email address , but my email password ***** ***** my Apple ID

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what they need to know - perhaps that I am not tech savvy

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
9/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 10 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The Apple ID is the email address on file

Do you remember the email address on file?

well - i'm not sure if it could be my husbands email address - as he had the phone originally and I took it over from him - would this email have been registered when he originally bought the phone?

It would have been registered when he bought the phone and set it up.

The bad news is that if it is registered to his account then there is no way around the activation lock without his account information.

um , well , I was using my email address on the iphone 5 - and when I enter that one - it says that it is already in use - but won't accept my pasword.. so now i don't know . seems i should never have changed - i new i was going to run into ### . What a lot of trouble . maybe iphones are not the way to go .Looks like I will have to go into a store or something . My husband isn't tech savvy iether and his new phone will be registered with his email and password ***** So it doesn't seem you can help after all , Can I have my money back now please .

I can help if you would like to reset his password.

If you wish for a refund, please contact customer service.