Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

MY IPAD ALL OF THE SUDDEN TELLS ME I NEED TO ACIVATE IT AND…

MY IPAD ALL OF...

MY IPAD ALL OF THE SUDDEN TELLS ME I NEED TO ACIVATE IT AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MY APPLE ID IS WITH ICLOUD

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?

I KNOW MY APPLE ID ON MY PHONE WHICH WORKS FINE.. BUT MY IPAD MAYBE 4 OR 5 YEARS AGO.. THE APPLE ID ON MY IPAD IS NOT THE SAME AS MY PHONE FOR SOME REASON.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

WELL I MUST OF WHEN IT WAS REQUIRED AND THAT IS WHY IT WONT LET ME ON. MY LOCK SCREEN WORKS JUST FINE WITH MY CODE

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I TURNED OFF MY ICLOUD ON MY PHONE

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I KNOW THEY ARE LINKED CUZ MY MUSIC ON MY PHONE IS ALSO ON MY IPAD

9/21/2017
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password
Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

My ipad which I don't think is linked to my phone for some reason isn't using the same information is says the icloud.com is my email. I have no idea what that is

ok, did you attempt the instructions I gave you? How did you go?

I do t want to reset my Apple ID or password. So if I pay the 39.00 u can get on my iPad???? Not my phone. Right??
R u there?

You need to reset it to correct it, it is the only way, and this you do via your computer, I can connect to your computer and do this

I am at my work computer. Is that ok?

yes that is ok

Can u send me the link again. I am texting off my phone right now

Else let me know the results please.

I'm on my computer now

ok. please do the insturctions I gave

I am on my Apple account
I signed in

ok, so now sign in on iPad

I did. It says I cannot sign in with my yahoo.com acct. it ends with iCloud.com

yes, so thats the account you used on the iPad, so please use that account for resetting in my instructions I gave you

I cannot get past the activation lock on my iPad
It has on my computer my iPad and my phone as devices.

You still need to do the instructions I gave you...

I did the instructions. I even changed my password.

For the wrong account

"I did. It says I cannot sign in with my yahoo.com acct. it ends with iCloud.com"

It is the icloud account you need to do it for as thats the one you used

I have no idea my iCloud information????

Ok, this was also part of the instructions I gave.

Can you please request the remote assistance and I can connect to the computer and do the instructions for you directly.

Where do I find that ?
I don't have just answer up on my computer. I don't want to lose u

Click on the option for the remote service you see here on the screen

There is no remote service on ur screen

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

I already have that on my computer. ###-##-#### R21b3w

connecting

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Lost you I think

no it is ok, it auto connected me