Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I don't recall my 4 digit passcode for my I phone, I had an…

Customer Question
I don't recall my...

I don't recall my 4 digit passcode for my I phone, I had an update come in a couple of days ago and now I can't into my phone please help

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Not a clue

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes, c a couple days ago

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried a couple of 4 number I thought might work ,but they didn't and now it won't let me do anything for 15 min.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so, he can call my home phone 1-***-***-****

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 11 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The only way to bypass the lock screen is to perform a factory reset on the iPhone..

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

Select the device you want to erase.

Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.

Now you can restore from backup