Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm trying to learn Lightroom on my macbook. I have 2

Customer Question
Hi I'm trying to learn...
Hi I'm trying to learn Lightroom on my macbook. I have 2 questions: 1. if you have a photo that's off in white balance in D mode you can use the eyedropper to correct it. Just click on something sort of gray? Beige? White? If something sort of gray (saw a quick video) is good enough why do people mess with 'gray cards' etc? 2. what do they have that's comparable in Photoshop, I use that too. Thanks!!
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: ComputerChic, Consultant replied 11 months ago
ComputerChic
ComputerChic, Consultant

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help you today. Sometimes using a grey card helps with the white balance. Sometimes an eyedropper doesn't do the job they specifically want. Photoshop is an great program too but there is also Gimp, Acorn, Iris, Pixelmator, Pixel Image Editor and Photoline.

They are worth looking into as an alternative. I have used Gimp and it's handy. I hope this answered your questions today, thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

OK how do I do white balance in PS? Is Gimp free? thanks!

Yes Gimp is free and I'll take you through some white balance in Photoshop.

You do this 2 different ways;

1. Click Image, Adjustments, Color balance and use the slider to adjust the balance.
  2. Click Image, Adjustments, Curves[choose white dropper].

Using the 1st option works most of the time and gives you the control you need. But

if you need a more detailed control the use curves. It all depends on what your doing with your image.

Thanks you, is there anything else I can help you with?

Amy

Mac Support Specialist: ComputerChic, Consultant replied 10 months ago

Hi there, how are you today? I was wondering if I helped you with your questions

and if you were ready to rate me or if you needed anything more.

Thanks for your response

Amy