Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an old ipad that I stopped using. Charged it up today…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old ipad that I stopped using. Charged it up today and now it will not accet my passcode

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your ipad?

I dont know. I believe it is a 2nd generation. Has the long plug in charger.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your ipad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I don't remember. I got it online at the Apple Store and it has my name and phone # engraved on the back. If that helps

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
9/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

Can you please hold the home and power buttons on the iPad for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the iPad restart and tell me how it then functions please

Had to plug it in and now it is stuck on the Apple logo.
I guess i am off to the Apple repair store.

how long has it been stuck on the logo for?

Interesting it flashed on to my screen saver then when I tried to access it it became disabled for 15 mins. Now I am back to the Apple Logo.

ok, connect it to your computer and open itunes

tell me when you have please

It is now connected however itunes will not recognize it because it is locked with a passcode and disabled
Diabled for 10 min

ok, now wait 10 minutes and try to unlock it

Let me know the results please

tell me why I was able to go to utube and learn how to restore my iPad even though it was locked? iPad is now restoring itself. Hope I am not being charged by Justask.

Sorry I do not follow with your last message...

It seems you are upset at me, and now quite hostile and you do not wish to pay for the service... The last messae was to wait 10 minutes and then try to unlock it.

How did I upset you between then and now? As I was waiting for the results before moving on to the next step

Richard, Apple Software Engineer