Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't update FCP. MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011) It is a…

Customer Question
I can't update FCP. ...

I can't update FCP.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your MacBook? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It is a school Macbook. I didn't purchase.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have the account it was purchased on but my app store doesn't even feature the FCP update. When I go to FCP X update in the APP store, it just keeps spinning.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 11 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please what you have already tried to do to resolve this?

Thank you

I don't know what else to do. I ensured the correct apple ID was used to purchase FCP.

thanks

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

I ended up just needing to update my operating system. It had been a few years. Thanks.
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 10 months ago

Ok, it was a case of elimination so we needed to go through the most common causes for this.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you