Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have iPad Pro and I just noticed an IOS update to os11.

Customer Question
I have iPad Pro...

I have iPad Pro and I just noticed an IOS update to os11. I.e. Asked for a password ***** has 6 numbers. In the 5 yrs I've this iPad, I don't remember ever needing a passcode

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

I've never changed my username and I don't remember any 6 digit passcode

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not since the last one came out.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I asked Siri and she only had Mac password ***** not any for iPhone and iPads.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, Please try to restore your iPad device, Important : This will cause you to lose all data (photos, files, ect...) currently on device. If you made a backup prior to losing the password, you should be able to restore that.

Here are the steps to restore the iPad :

1-Download Itunes from : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

2-Install itunes and plug in your iPad to your pc

3-press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake/power button at the same time for 45 seconds until the Apple logo appears, once that appears you can release the buttons

4-iTunes will give message iTunes has detected an iPad in recivery mode you must restore this iPad to continue

5-click restore if it does not go through click on the iPad in the left hand side of iTunes and click restore

6-restore iPad and now you should have your iPad back.

Additional Information : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shrc3FeCJEQ

Let me know the results,

Thank you

Has everything worked out ? Do you still need help please?