Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I accidentally activated find my phone and my password is on

I accidentally activated find...
I accidentally activated find my phone and my password ***** ***** my phone in the notes. What do I do?!
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: a few months ago. Is it possible to reset it through my email? Its my user name.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just says actvation required and I need my user name and password ***** do it.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I just want to reset my password ***** my email so I can get into my phone.
9/20/2017
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

PLEASE!

On the Activation Lock screen, it gives a prompt at what the username part is. It's usually in the form s****@**c.com for eample

That should tell you what the username part is, you should be able to remember the email part of your Apple ID.

If you know that then resetting the password ***** be easy.

Do you know the username part?

what do I do? What site do I go to?

OK good. Then to reset your password ***** this link:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Thank-you!!!!

You can reset your password ***** by receiving a reset email, or by answering security questions.

Once you have reset your password, you can use the Apple ID and password ***** get past the Activation Lock.

You're very welcome! I'm glad to be of help. If you still have any question feel free to ask.

PS Please click the star rating to rate my help. Many thanks in advance!

Its asking me to use my phone and I can't! How can I reset in email?
Are you there?

Do you see a link that says "Don't have access to your trusted devices or phone numbers?"

it says it has to send to a phone, not email.

Do you have any other device, Mac or iPhone/iPad, that is signed in with your Apple ID?

No. Only a PC

If you are signed in on your Mac, choose "Reset From Another Device" and click continue.

You can then see a message on your other Device.

OK< then in this case you will need to click "Don't have access to your trusted devices or phone numbers?"

You will be taken to a page to request Account Recovery.

Do you see the Account Recovery page?

I got it!!!! Thanks!!!!!!

You're very welcome! I am glad I was of help.

PS Please take a moment to click the star rating to rate my help. Many thanks in advance!

David, Mac Support Specialist
Will do!

Many thanks! Have a great evening!

David, Mac Support Specialist