Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Mail won't stay open, only a flash. mac book pro 10.11.6,

Mail won't stay open, only...
Mail won't stay open, only a flash.
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?
Customer: mac book pro 10.11.6
JA: When did you purchase your Macbook? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About a year ago. Don't know what to try except turning off and on and using clean my mac
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

When did this problem start ?

Right after I tried to send a group email
No I like to go through things to learn and understand

It is possible that the database is corrupted or the Mail can't handle the pressure. So first turn off the WiFi or internet of your Mac (or turn off router/modem). Now open Mail app and since there is no internet, your Mail will not try to send them. So if it opens, then delete those group emails from the Outbox or Drafts or from Sent mailbox.

If that didn't work, then go to Apple > System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Select your email account in left side, delete it. Then open Mail, close it and then add the accounts back from Apple > System Preferences > Internet Accounts

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

That seemed to work, thank you!

You're most welcome !

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service or 5 stars and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Mac Technician
Ashik, Mac Technician