Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My password stop working and im unable to get into my Ipad,

Customer Question
My password ***** working...

My password ***** working and im unable to get into my Ipad

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

About a month age

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Just a new OS but that was last week.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Im at the screen that is telling me Activation Lock. I clicked on Activation Help

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

Your iPad is locked with an Apple ID. The Activation lock screen gives a hint at what the username is, something like s****@***.com

If you know and recognise what the username part is, but forget the password, you will need to reset it.

To reset your Apple ID password ***** will need to go here:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Then after you enter your Apple ID email, you can reset your password ***** receiving a reset email, or by answering security questions.

When you have successfully reset your Apple ID password, go back to your iPad and enter the information. That will get you past the Activation Lock.

Please let me know what issues you have if this doesn't work. I am here to help.

PS Please take a moment to click the star rating to rate my help, many thanks!