Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I got this email saying "Confirmation Your Suspicious Order…

Customer Question
I got this email...

I got this email saying "Confirmation Your Suspicious Order Verification". Order supposedly was for a Premium account, name of application was Virtual Trainer PRO: Exercise Workout Fitness, content provider Virtualtrainer Sweden AB, payment method was iTunes account. Now I didn't order that but is this an email trying to gather my personal information rather than a legitimate one questioning some strange purchase?

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

Don't know who to contact and my security software says the links are not for real. Is there a phone number I can call?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not sure, my computer does most of them automatically -- did update security software recently.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. Was just trying to find out how to find out if this email is really from iTunes like it says and someone broke into my account.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

Can you please copy and paste the content of the email here? By looking at that, I can tell you if it is valid and if there is something you should be concerned about. It is not uncommon for security software to give you a "false positive", telling you there is a problem when there isn't. And reacting to that can cause problems that didn't exist before. I can tell you either way and then help you deal with it from there.