Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a black screen and I tried the force restart and it…

I have a black...

I have a black screen and I tried the force restart and it did nothing. It was working 2 hours ago just fine.

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Sierra

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Wait a minute--maybe I'm wrong on that--I was thinking safari--duh--how can I check? but no--no updates recently

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just holding the two side buttons down for 10 seconds--that's how I saw to do a force restart

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Ive only had the watch since May--and its a series 2

9/20/2017
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Josh, Mac Support

Which device are you having an issue with?

this just happened and I'm not sure I have sierra OS --
iwatch series 2
you can't just talk me through it?

Please ignore our automated offers by the system.

Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

already tried that and it didn't work

Please plug it in and while it is plugged in, try again

its on the charger and I tried it again and it didn't work

Make sure to hold down the side button and Digital Crown for 30 seconds without releasing now

Nothing.. :(

Allow it to stay on the charger for 20 minutes now then try to power it on after the 20 minutes

ok--I will try that.

Let me know how it goes

I will --- you'll hear from me in 20 minutes. Thanks!

Thank you

Josh--I still have a black screen
I held down both buttons for 30 seconds and nothing

Unfortunately, it sounds like a hardware failure.

Where did you purchase it from?

I received it as a gift for my birthday

Is it less than a year old?

I've only had it for 5 months

Do you have a local Apple store nearby?

I got it in May of this year.

Do you have a local Apple store nearby?

no--I have no idea where the closest Apple store would be, I'd have to goggle it.
closest store is 75 miles away in Richmond, VA

Unfortunately, the device would need to be taken into a local Apple store or returned back to the original store for a replacement.

Ok--thanks for your help!

You're welcome! I apologize that your device has failed when it is a birthday gift and I appreciate your patience/understanding that I am only the messenger in the situation.

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Josh, Mac Support