Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Cannot download iOS 10.3.3 on iPad dmpkl4mzf18y, Currently…

Customer Question
Good afternoon, cannot download...

Good afternoon, cannot download iOS 10.3.3 on iPad dmpkl4mzf18y

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Currently running 8. Something not 100 percent sure not very computer savvy ! Keeps telling me that an error has occurred during downloading.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I have installed the same one one my I phone without a problem but no, nothing on the I pad since I've had it.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Only re booting it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything, thanks.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 10 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Go to Settings >General > About and what is the Version number showing there ?

Version: 7.1.2 (11D257)

This is an iPad 4th Generation. It can support up to iOS 10.3.3

Since you missed a few upgrades, we have to update it from your computer. So first, go to Settings > iCloud and turn off Find My iPad option if it is turned on there. This is important. Then do the steps below to update the iPad using your computer

On your computer, download and install latest iTunes from here --> https://www.apple.com/in/itunes/download/

Open iTunes and connect your iPad with the charging cable. iTunes will recognize the iPad and show in it. If asked to update, do it. If not, select your iPad icon at top left and this will bring Summary page. Click Backup button and make sure "To this computer" is selected. Once the backup is completed, click Update button and it will be updated.

Remember, it may take a while to update the iPad (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.