Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I somehow locked my phone and now is telling me that I have…

Customer Question
I somehow locked my...

I somehow locked my phone and now is telling me that I have an activation lock on. my iPhone is asking for my Apple ID and the password ***** to set up the iPhone. I have no idea. i have my apple ID..i have no idea what the password *****

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?

I have no idea..i was using my ipad and something happened where i have to enter my apple ID or password. this was fairly recent.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. i just got home and have some text messages i need to get to before going to work. i just tried entering what i thought would be correct. i believe the Apple ID i have is correct. when i enter the Apple ID it will prompt me to enter the password. i have no idea what that can be.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, i just need to get this phone up :)

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 11 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Click here: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Enter your Apple ID and follow the prompts to reset your password

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.