Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have locked myself out of my ipad. I just got it today and…

I have locked myself...

I have locked myself out of my ipad. I just got it today and already done that. I don't have it synced with a computer and I don't know what to do

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Well I don't know. like i said i just got it

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No just got it about 2 hrs ago

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Held down the home sleep/wake button and don't know what to do from there

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Maybe that i am stupid. lol

9/20/2017
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The only way to bypass the lock screen is to perform a factory reset on the iPad..

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

Select the device you want to erase.

Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.

Now you can restore from backup

now i don't won't to keep this support can you take care of cancelling it

I am glad to hear that you were able to view my response and fix the issue.

I can send a note to customer service to make sure it is a one-time charge

since you can't connect what should i do

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Select the device you want to erase.

Now you can restore from backup

Josh, Mac Support
Robert
Robert, consultant

Have you got a mac or a pc that you can run iTunes on

Please let me know which and I can send you instructions and a link

And I can remote into that and you can hook the iPad to it with a USB cable so I can reset it for you

My number is ***** the secure section

I am not suppose to be charged the 39.00. If you read up above you will see that it was suppose to be taken off. Not suppose to be charged for any monthly fees at all
I will send a note to refund the remote assistance charge
I have been charged the 39.00 that you were suppose to take care of for me. Can you reverse the charge and get it off my card?
If you will look up above at our conversations you will see that you were suppose to reverse the $39.00 charge. Please do so.