Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I forgot my passcode because i had it disabled. I put the…

Customer Question
I forgot my passcode...

I forgot my passcode because i had it disabled. I put the new upgrade on and now I can't use the iPad without putting in my passcode.

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

No idea

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes ios 11 today

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I was going to try iTunes but was afraid of deleting everything

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 11 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the small down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk

- Besides the iPad, do you also have a Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10 computer, or a Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, what's the make / model of your computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Problem solved...
Great. If you need help with anything else, please let me know anytime. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top of this page, then click on Submit on the right. Thank you very much.