Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My 6+ phone only has column when the speaker phone is on. I…

Customer Question
My 6+ phone only...

My 6+ phone only has column when the speaker phone is on. I cannot hear and the person I am calling cannot hear me. Also the column buttons when pressed say headphones not column.

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Not sure it was supposed to say volume

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes about 3 weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Off on

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 11 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The headphone mode is turned on. When it is turned on, the internal mic and ear speaker will not work. Your iPhone is thinking that you have connected the headphone/earphones. This happens if the connection pins inside the headphone port got stuck or dirt/liquid inside is causing it. So get an headphone and put it into the headphone port, then take it out and repeat the steps 5-10 times or until it shows Ringer instead of Headphone (when you press the volume buttons)

Or using a flash light, check if there is any dirt inside. Use a toothpick to clean inside the port.

If that didn't work, then hold down the Home and Power button of your iPhone until it shows the Apple logo. Release the buttons when you see the Apple logo (only do this step if you know the passcode to unlock the screen of iPhone)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.