Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I downloaded a flash player and all my top sites are gone…

Customer Question
I downloaded a flash...

I downloaded a flash player and all my top sites are gone and there i don't think safari is my search engine now. How do i undo this?

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

How do I know that

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I always keep up with the latest version but have not done one in awhile

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am no sure what to do

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just want it back to where it was earlier

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mac
9/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

It sounds like you downloaded a malware or trojan filled version of flash player. Did you download directly from the adobe official site?

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Can you walk me through it? I don't feel secure to let you log on

Safari isnt a search engine, its a browser. Do you know what all web browsers you have and use on your mac?

Also, are you used to running repairs on your mac and browsers? What antivirus do you have installed?