Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipod is locked...it is talking...and it won't let me put…

Customer Question
My ipod is locked...it...

My ipod is locked...it is talking...and it won't let me put my password *****

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

I've never reset them...it is brand new.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

I'm not sure...I think it is a nano...the one with the biggest gb...

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It is an iPod Touch...I bought it about a month ago...I tried to hold the power and menu button to reboot...nothing...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to reconnect ASAP!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 11 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. To confirm, you did the following, but it did not work: On your iPod touch, please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

- Please try:

Solution #1:

- Triple-click on the Home button (which is located right below the screen), then check. (If you hear “VoiceOver off”, then it's good.)

Solution #2:

- Hold down the Home button until Siri is triggered, then say “Turn off VoiceOver”. If Siri says “OK, I turned off VoiceOver”, or something similar, then it's good.

Solution #3:

- To enter password: To enter a key / number, tap on that number once – then a black box would surround that key – and the double tap on that key to activate it.

; Do this until you have entered your password.

- If you need to scroll, use 3 fingers side by side (instead of just one.) Scrolling will be slow, but it will work.

- Once you are in, open Settings app icon, then tap on option General, then option Accessibility, then turn off VoiceOver there.

- Note: Tap on an option once, then double-tap on that option to select it. And Use 3 fingers to scroll up / down.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

If needed, please click on the website below to watch the video instructions; it can be easier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCdYMt_o_p0

; (Note: the instructions work for both iPhone and iPod.)

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 10 months ago

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.