Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Freezes where I can't log in. Gets me to screen I should be…

Customer Question
Freezes where I can't...

Freezes where I can't log in. Gets me to screen I should be able to click my icon and cursor stuck in up left corner and can't tab either

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?

Nothing to do with password. Can't even select icon to log in

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

MacBook Pro. Not sure which OX (had this for 4 years )

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your MacBook? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2013. I've done a soft and a hard reboot and get stuck in the same place

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just help. Have a paper to write tonight and can't get on

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
9/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Been slow to let me log in for months (2-5 min); completely stuck for last 4 hours

Is this your macbook?

it's mine.
Is there a way to take a pic and show you ?

We can do a live screen share If you want?

How do I do that? I'm on my iPad talking to you

Does it always freeze on login or only sometimes?

Always slow, but froze completely today

Have you done a hard reboot on it?

Hard and soft

Okay.

Do you have any restore disks?

No

The next step would be to get restore disks and get it booted up as a repair.

Would this at all be possible?

I'll have to find a local Mac store

This would also be a route to take as well, I'm assuming you have a back-up of your files?

I do not have back up other than in cloud. Not tangible

Okay at least we have a back-up.

Would you like me to close this off as cannot answer online

Close

Ok thanks

Mike, Mac Medic