Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have been trying to change my apple ID, Today, No, reset…

Customer Question
I have been trying...

I have been trying to change my apple ID

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Reset via email

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I get a message that a code has been sent to my email but it does not get there.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
9/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Thanks

I tried to accept your remote support request but it said that the payment failed. Sometimes your bank or credit card will block these transactions and you have to call them. With that being said, if you would prefer I can go ahead and connect t your mac or pc, and help you reset your apple id password ***** screen in person. If successful, there would be a 25$ extra fee payable after we solve the problem.

Would you like to try that or just written support?

Thank you for your reply,
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

OK

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

When I try to change my ID I am sent an email with a code but it does not get to my email

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Mike, Mac Medic