Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I thought my iPad Pro got hacked because it is networked…

Customer Question
I thought my iPad...

I thought my iPad Pro got hacked because it is networked with a Netgear router. I did a stupid thing and erased all my data without signing out of iCloud first. Now since I used find my phone linked to my apple I.D. I need my original iCloud password ***** I.D. and I lost my file on that.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

Via Outlook.com maybe two months ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None, my iPad Pro is activation locked

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

To begin you should go here to verify your Apple ID and reset your password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

You can reset it one of two ways. Using a recovery email, or answering security questions.

Once you have reset your Apple ID password, you can use it to remove the activation lock on the iPad.

Let me know if you have any questions. Many thanks in advance!

PS Please take a moment to click the star rating to rate my help.

I actually needed to go to iCloud and reset my password ***** originally set up with to get by the Authorization Lock.

Ok. Your iCloud login details are the same as your Apple ID.

You can reset your iCloud password ***** this page:

Use a reset email or answer security questions, choose a new password, and then you can bypass the Activation Lock.

Let me know if you have any questions.

How did that go? Were you able to reset your Apple ID password ***** security questions or a reset email?

Let me know how it went and if you need any help I'll get back to you. Many thanks!