Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I got message that I cnnot connect to the app store. I wouls…

I got message that...

I got message that I cnnot connect to the app store. I wouls like to upgrade from 10.7.5 to Sierra

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your Apple device (e.g. MacBook, iMac, iPhone, iPad, etc.)?

Macbook Pro

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Macbook? What troubleshooting have you tried?

4 year ago. None

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Do I get charge for the Expert advice

9/17/2017
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

Mac App Store would say that if it didn't have an Internet connection.

Are you connected to the Internet with the MacBook Pro, is that how you are connecting to JustAnswer?

When you open Mac App Store, can you click the Store menu at the top of the screen.

Does it say Sign In, or Sign Out at the bottom?

Try clicking Sign In and enter your Apple ID information.

Let me know these bits of information and I can help resolve the problem.

It says Sign out.

Ok, that's good. That means you are signed in.

Now click the Updates icon on the toolbar in the Mac App Store.

It is a circle with a downward arrow.

It should say checking for updates and after a minute offer you to update.

Click Update All, and it should begin downloading your Mac OS update.

Let me know how it goes.

Did it give the same error again? If not is it downloading the update?

If you have any questions please ask.

Please take a moment to click the star rating to rate my help, many thanks!

It is not downloading. I do not have any more questions to ask. i will try to figure it out

Does it give any error message?

It could be firewall software that is installed.

Let me know what error message it is and I can help.

Check out this article for more advice:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201400

Many thanks!

David, Mac Support Specialist