Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just upgraded from Snow Leopard to El Capitan and need to…

Customer Question
I just upgraded from...

I just upgraded from Snow Leopard to El Capitan and need to update iPhoto -

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

El Capitan

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

To iphoto?

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

All I've done is go to Apple Store and it says iphoto is not available

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

This is my only problem so far

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Is it safe?

yes

The problem is updating iphoto to be used in El Capitan - can you tell me what I need to do?
I don't think I want to go this route - thank you. Please refund my $5.00
I did not authorize a $35 purchase on my card. Just the 5.00. Please remove immediately.

okay

Thank you - sorry - I thought you were Apple - but was obviously misinformed.

Okay

Letting my bank know so that everything stays secure.

yes you can

Thanks anyway!

okay

All I needed to do was to open PHOTOS in El capitan - and let it load my iphoto library. That's very simple and could have been answered without any charge. I just feel this experience with Just Answer - for a refundable 5 bucks - has been a way for Just Answer to make money and not truly help. You are, I'm sure, a Mac Specialist. You probably could have answered me without asking if I wanted to spend more money. A more difficult situation may have required further services, but certainly this one did not. Disappointed. Not in you - but in Just Answer
I want all of my money back. i was told I'd be refunded the $5.00. Then a charge for $35 appeared on my bank statement - NOT authorized by me. This is NOT RIGHT!

Please contact customer service on***@******.*** or
call them on +1(###) ###-####to clarify the payment issue.