Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot seem to activate the phone even though I have run…

Customer Question
I cannot seem to...

I cannot seem to activate the phone even though I have run through the whole setup.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Brand new

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just bought the phone yesterday. Where can I find trouble shooting

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No. thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

Were you asked for your Apple ID and password ***** setup? Did it mention anything about an Activation Lock at all?
If not then try to reseat the SIM card. Remove it and replace it.

Then force restart your iPhone. Press and hold Home and Power buttons together until it restarts.

If it's iPhone 7 then press and hold Home and volume down until it restarts.

If still will not activate, try connecting it to a good strength WiFi signal. The problem might be that it can't connect to mobile data.

If it's still the same, you will need to try activating it through iTunes instead.

Connect it to your computer and open iTunes. This should activate your iPhone, unless it gives and error about the SIM being incompatible.

Let me know if you have any questions on any of these steps. Many thanks!

Thank you.

You're very welcome. Standing by if you have any questions.

Let me know how it goes, if you have any questions please ask.
PS Please take a moment to click the star rating to rate my help, many thanks!