Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Someone installed Spyware on my phones and MAC and I need to…

Customer Question
Someone installed Spyware on my...
Someone installed Spyware on my phones and MAC and I need to remove them ASAP. How do I get this done by an expert?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Your mac - what do you see that looks like spyware and malware, what happens? There are several different places that some things like this can hide but you can also download some free tools to get you started.

I would recommend installing sophos from https://home.sophos.com/mac and then run a scan

I would also recommend malwarebytes for mac from https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

Then I would also check all your internet browsers plug in areas and cookies and cache. Clear cookies and cache and check your plugins for suspicious plugins.

I can remote into your mac and help if needed.

As far as your phone, what do you see that is spyware/malware? Is it only when your using safari? You can go to settings/safari/and clear history and website data. Then re-open and see if it still remains.

Let me know a little more detail if needed.

I realized my apple imessages were hacked into and personal contact info leaked. Please remote into my mac and see what you can do...
Only if the spyware is removed will I pay the fee. Can you guarantee it will be done?

Yes, we have a 100 % guarantee for a refund if you are not satisfied and if I can't fix it.

Payment did not go through but thats ok we can continue:

In order to remote assist I just need you to do the following:

1. Click this link -> https://get.teamviewer.com/jonjatech

2. A file will automatically download, when finished downloading, click the file to open

3. Double click the icon inside in order to connect

Were you able to download the remote assist file from the link I have sent? If you are not able to we can just continue the way we have been through messages like this instead.

it's not on this computer...

Do you have access to the computer with the problem on it?