Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Got a message on my screen that my iPad is infected with a…

Customer Question
Got a message on...

Got a message on my screen that my iPad is infected with a bad virus that will corrupt my phone, contacts and other stuff. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

How will I know for sure? I'm not really good at technical things.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing tonight. It just happened. The other day somehow my browser changed from safari to a different way of browsing. I did try to contact apple support and got a case #***** It's 100286952175 if that helps.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Just that I'm afraid of what may happen. Thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Besides the ipad, do you have a windows pc or a mac that you use?

Also, dont click on that link, or enter any passwords in the browser on the ipad, in the meantime. And dont worry, this is fixable.

Thank you for your reply,
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Hello again, I never heard back from you..
Ir you still need help, reply and we can continue working on this issue. If you no longer need help, still send a reply so that I can send you the refund link.

Thank you,

Dustin S