Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

|My grandson locked my Ipad. it is showing "Activation Lock"

Customer Question
Technician's Assistant: What Operating...

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Ipad?

I haven't updated this particular Ipad for a while. Seems to me it was compatible with one of the IOS updates. I can't get into anything on it to find out.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Ipad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was a gift. Got it in 2011. Can't really do anything with it as I cant get passed the Activation Lock. It's an Ipad 2

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

You will need to go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Once you have your password ***** then you can sign into the ipad. Let me know what happens.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast