Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm getting a recurring message sh:: no such file or

Customer Question
I'm getting a recurring...

I'm getting a recurring message sh : : no such file or directory. It is bothersome . when I search for information I get to information that is well beyond my level of understanding. I don't like it. DK what causes it. want to get rid of it. HELP

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12.6. running on MacBook Pro

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes, but can't remember when or what

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Have done a google search on the warning, but don't understand any of it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It seems to happen most often when I am running FileMaker Pro fmp12

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Where do I find the answer?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

I tried to accept the remote support request, it said payment failure on this end. If you want, we can go ahead and connect and I can then send you the payment request after I successfully fix the issue.

To get started with the screen sharing session, please go to the link below and download the free program, teamviewer

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac/

Once downloaded, install the program.. And then run the teamviewer program.. Leave the program on screen..

Inside the teamviewer program it should give you a connection code, and a password.

Please send me both codes here in a reply, and I will be able to connect to you and help you on screen.

If you run into any issues, please let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

MY ID IS 123 264 781.
PASSWORD ***** *****

Connected.

Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 10 months ago

To get back to me , either check your email. View one of the messages from justanswer that says you have received a reply or a message, open the message. Then inside it click the button that says view or reply on justanswer. That will bring you back to this page where you can scroll down and reply.

Or, go to justanswer.com, login at the top right. Then click my questions at the top right. Then, you will see our question listed there. Click the question, scroll down and reply!