Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

A friend signed in with a fictitious email address as ID and…

Customer Question
Hi A friend signed...

Hi A friend signed in with a fictitious email address as ID and they tell me the password *****'t work and keep sending verification to this email for which I have no way to access. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

I have reset my general AppleID on my desktop this morning but it hasn't got thro to the iphone

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not to my knowledge, No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Everything. I keep going round in circles. I need to change the Apple ID on the phone to one which sends me emails or sms I can see.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just need into Apple ID to set up What's App

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mac
9/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 9 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

If it is set up for iTunes, then you can sign out from Settings.

On your iPhone, go to Settings > your account > iCloud and what ID is showing there ?

Also, go to Settings > your account > iTunes & App Store and what ID is showing there ?

Sorry couldn;t find the reply box. Both have the same email address I can;t access. It needs changed. Thks
No its for the iphone. I can handle the pc OK.

Then its going to be a problem. What is the ID/email address ?

the ID/email address on the Iphone is***@******.*** whereas the real address is***@******.***.

Go to Settings > your account > iCloud and can you turn off Find My iPhone option there ? Is it asking for password ?

no find iphone option

Are you sure ? Open Settings app, tap your name, tap iCloud and you will see Find My iPhone option there at the bottom ?

found it. wants pword which won't work and sends verification email to this address I can't access
asking for pword but that says not good

Ok, then our options are limited. But there are some ways. I'm typing the answer. Will send ASAP

The iCloud is going to be a problem. Your issue is not just an app download one. First of all, DO NOT update your iPhone (software update) or Do not attempt to restore it from iTunes. You will be permanently locked from iPhone if you do any of those.

We need to sign out the iPhone from iCloud first. That is the main concern.

You have two options in here

Option 1 :

You can call Apple's iCloud or account department directly and see if they can reset the password ***** their side or update the email address. If you prove to be the real owner of iPhone, then they will unlock/reset it from their side.

To contact iTunes Support, go to this link website --> https://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Click Get Help under Talk to Us. Click iPad. Click Apple ID and Password

Click Lost or Forgotten password

Click Schedule a Call and they will call you. or click Talk to Apple Support Now.

Option 2 :

I just checked that the domain "astroinform1.com" is registered or not. Good news is, it is not registered by any one. That means, we can register that domain on your name, then create this exact email address "*****@******.***" for yourself. Then you will get that email and then reset the password. But this may cost about $20 to register the domain. I will send the instructions. But first, I want you to do the Option 1 and see if they can reset it from their side.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Let me try the first and I'll come back to you. Many thanks

No problem.