Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Finder is nonresponsivr, OS10.12.6, Dec 2013..... just now…

Customer Question
Finder is nonresponsivr Technician's...

Finder is nonresponsivr

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

OS10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Dec 2013..... just now trying to find something to fix this.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
9/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Does this mean when you try and open the finder, that you get the spinning wheel or does the finder never open?

Or maybe you just need to force quit the finder, which you can see if you can click on the apple in the top left corner and choose "force quit" then choose finder in the window and click the force quite button.

If that does not work you can try and force quit the finder by holding down the control key on your keyboard and then click the finder icon on your doc and see if you have a force quit option that way to choose.

So if this is actually a more serious issue and your mac can never open finder, I would then do the following:

You can try to boot into whats called "recovery mode":

1. Restart your mac
  2. immediately hold down command and R on your keyboard
  3. If done correctly you should get to a main menu
  4. choose "reinstall OS" - don't worry, this does not erase your files/data it just reinstalls the system files and folders.
  5. follow the onscreen instructions which is basically next, next, next

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

None of this worked
NO

In order to troubleshoot you have to also answer my very first question which was "Does this mean when you try and open the finder, that you get the spinning wheel or does the finder never open"?

Also, with out knowing any detail on this issue you are having with finder I provided you a way to reinstall the os without loosing data. But your saying "none of this worked". What does that mean exactly? Does that mean you were not able to force quit and could not also do the reinstall of the os. If you tried to reinstall were you even able to get to the recovery main menu?

I just need to know more detail or you also have the option for me to remote connect.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast