Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My norton security expired..downloaded new one, paid for it…

Customer Question
My norton security expired..downloaded...

My norton security expired..downloaded new one, paid for it now can't remember m admin Id and password ***** it to make changes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

I meant webroot security

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

How do I found out..it's on my desk with just a flat screen that contains the whole computer

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Probably purchased it 18 months ago...tried remembering Id and password...that's it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Ok

If you were able to download a new version of webroot and paid for it, you had to have created some time of online username and password ***** the webroot company site. However, are you speaking of the webroot id and password ***** it also sounds like webroot is trying to be installed onto your mac but now its asking for your actual mac username and password. Do you know which account you need the webroot or the mac account information?

It is asking for Apple admin id and password...i already logged on computer, downloaded webroot and when i try to open it...it needs admin id and pw to make changes.
Webroot expired..so paid for more...it is askimg for admin id and pw to make changes

OK yes, then especially if you are already logged in and your the admin of your mac. Then the apple id and password ***** be the same as your account your logged into. Did you already try that. It just wants to make sure that it has your permission to install on your mac.

Does it already show the apple id when the window pops up for the account information?

Does the window say "Apple ID" or does it say "username" and password

Trying to get back to window..gimme sec
How do i find the downloaded fole?
File
I paid for new webroot...downloaded it...now cant find it to show you what 8s in window.
Window says "webroot secureanywhere wants to make changes" enter an administrator name and password ***** allow this.

If you have already downloaded the download file from the website, then it should be in your download folder which is sometimes located on your mac's doc where all your app icons are. Or from the desktop, you can click on "Go" and then choose "downloads". In downloads you can look for

I think i fixed it

Did you find the download or type in your mac username and password?

I misread the instructions...since webroot was installed already...they just sent me a long string of characters to enter...and Voila! It activated new version.

OK sounds good. Glad you got it working! :)

Did you still need help? Please let me know at your earliest convenience . If all is good, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name to also let others know I am here to help.

Thanks for your time.